• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

confuse status

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello to all,

I am a budding member of this group and by preread meesages posted by many active members, the group seems to be just EXCELLENT....
Now, just hoping to learn new concepts everyday.

Before all this, i had a dilemma as to my job preferance..
Fortunately, i have been offered jobs at TCS,chennai and at motorola..
The nature and workingarea of jobs is yet to be confirmed..
but i am not able to make a decision as to which one to join ..
please guide me

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You will be working in Telecom domain if you join in Motorola. Now Telecom domain is picking up like anything. But the job in big MNCs like Motorola is not secured as compare to TCS. They can lay off any time. I guess Motorola gives big money. When you want to change the job you wont be having much options as other companies cant offer as Motorola offers.

In TCS you may be working in any domain. Job is most secured. Salaries is less. Lot of oniste chances. When you want to change the job the brand name of TCS will help you. Companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosy are Gateways to enter other companies.

So think aboout other positive points and negative points and take a wise decision. If you need any more info let me know. If I am in your postion I will join in Motorola bec I do like taking challenges and risks. More risk more growth

Good Luck
Jagdish

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When people come out of college and looking for job they only look at Big companies and high salary. They need to understand that once you join into a particular domain it is very difficult to move to other domain. I know that lot of people won't even get option to choose the career.

Since you have option you decide which domain is good for you. If you join TCS as Programmer you will *probably* working on application development/maintenence using technologies like mainframe, open systems and databases in India as well as abroad. Once you work in TCS and if you want to work for other companies you can always move to IBM India/US, Wipro, Infosys, Oracle India/US, Microsoft India/US, Satyam etc. If you join Motorola you will *probably* working on telecommunications R&D, Embedded programming etc in India as well as abroad.

Good luck. Let us know when you decide !
[ September 30, 2004: Message edited by: Dilip kumar ]

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Motorola is not stable. I read today's news paper report that they will lay off 1000 workers.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic