• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Query regarding my offer from Accenture

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
i have got an offer from Accenture chennai.The pay is 2.80L/Annum.Iam having 1.10 years of experience in J2EE technology.Currently iam getting 2.16L/Annum.Is the package iam getting from them ok?Kindly let me know.Also tell me how will be the career growth here.Awaiting your replies.

Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sat,

The package of 2.8Lacks p.a seems to be quite good for someone having 20 months of experience. You did not share with which company you are currently working. Accenture is one of good and globally recognized company. In my opinion there are various factors and parameters which one should consider while choosing a company. I would cover a few below
1) Location
2) Culture
3) Growth Path
4) Challenges in your job profile
5) How performance is recognized and awarded
6) Of course! Salary

You choose in which order these parameters work for you and how much they score on your scale. Calculate, analyze and go ahead!!

Good Luck!!

Sat Nar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Vikas for your reply.Iam currently working for Polaris.

Ranch Hand
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think 2.8 LPA is pretty good for 13-14 months experience (isn't 1.10 yrs equivalent to approx. 14 months). Go ahead!!

- Manish

Sat Nar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Manish,
by 1.10 yrs i meant 1 year and 10 months.....22 months of exp....is it the correct pay???kindly let me know.

Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, that fine pay for expereince upto 2 years. But if you try other companies, you may get upto 3.5 LPA given excellent market conditions. BUT, IMHO, 2.8 is sth that I'd have accepted happily for less than 2 years experience. I used to get 3.4 LPA for 3 years exp few years ago.

- Manish

Sat Nar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Manish,

BUT, IMHO, 2.8 is sth that I'd have accepted happily for less than 2 years experience.

I didnt understand this statement.Can you explain this?

But if you try other companies, you may get upto 3.5 LPA given excellent market conditions.

Yes, you are correct.But i have a special liking for Accenture for its brand value and i want this tag to be in my resume.I personally feel that working for accenture will increase by market value.What do you say?Kindly correct me if iam wrong.

Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There is nothing to explain! The figures vary -- they are not gospels, so I said 2.8 LPA for a person with less than 2 yers experience sounds fine to me.

If you like accenture, go for it.

- Manish

Vikas Kaushik
Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Let us know the final decision too

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yes, that fine pay for expereince upto 2 years. But if you try other companies, you may get upto 3.5 LPA given excellent market conditions. BUT, IMHO, 2.8 is sth that I'd have accepted happily for less than 2 years experience. I used to get 3.4 LPA for 3 years exp few years ago.

IMHO the pay should not be based on your tenure..It should be based on what you bring to the table..

So if you think you are worth more boldly ask otherwise dont ask...even a fresher can demand more if he is better than experienced person.......

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Sat Nar:
Hi Manish,

Yes, you are correct.But i have a special liking for Accenture for its brand value and i want this tag to be in my resume.I personally feel that working for accenture will increase by market value.What do you say?Kindly correct me if iam wrong.

If you really like Accenture then just go ahead. You are in the starting stage of career. So dont think much about your salary. Once you cross 5 or 6+ years of experience you will realise salary is not much important.

Same time you try for other better branded companies too. So it will help you to full fill you dream of working for good brand.

Good luck

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
what kind of position is Accenture offering you?

Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Billy Tsai:
what kind of position is Accenture offering you?

I guess they will offer Software Engineer/Developer position for less than 2yrs Experience.

Vikas Kaushik
Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would completely support Reddy's view about Salary. In my earlier response also, I put salary the last parameter for you.

Good Luck!!

Sat Nar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My dear Ranchers,
thanks for your replies.

Accenture is offering me the post of "Software Engineer".

If you really like Accenture then just go ahead. You are in the starting stage of career. So dont think much about your salary. Once you cross 5 or 6+ years of experience you will realise salary is not much important.

You are absolutely correct.For me going up the ladder is more important than salary.Also location(in this case Chennai) is also very important.

And Vikas,i dont know how you could read my mind,because,the order in which you have listed the parameters,its totally in sync with what i had in my mind.

I personally feel that working for a foreign based company will make your profile attractive.I may be right or wrong.Only time will give me the answer.

Vikas Kaushik
Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

And Vikas,i dont know how you could read my mind,because,the order in which you have listed the parameters,its totally in sync with what i had in my mind.

HaHa, How I read your mind is a secret.

Go in the direction of your dream.

Once again Good Luck!!

Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Sat Nar:

You are absolutely correct.For me going up the ladder is more important than salary.Also location(in this case Chennai) is also very important.

Just to warn you many people do complained about Accenture in previous threads. So just peep those threads it may helpful to you.

There are many good companies in Chennai.

Sat Nar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
i have already placed my papers.Accenture is my only offer in hand.They have given me the offer letter which mentions my joining date and all those stuff.But when i started seeing the old threads regarding accenture iam getting a bit afraid(saw a thread about accenture revoking some offers).What should i do now?Bit tensed here.My last working date in the existing company comes in 2 weeks time.

Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dont worry. Accenture needs people now and they wont revoke the offer without very strong reasons(like fake experience etc.,). You have 2 weeks time so try if you can get any other better offer otherwise just join in Accenture. Definitely it will add value in your resume, I just warned you about their culture.
[ January 27, 2006: Message edited by: KJ Reddy ]

Vikas Kaushik
Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sat: I would advise you not to be panic at this stage. Remember every coin has two sides. I am sure there would be some positive as well as some negative in any company. Accenture is not that kind of company where you should repent after accepting their offer. I am not saying that you should go for it or not but whatever you do, have clear vision in front of you and make a consious decision. If you are going with a doubtful mind, your performance will fall and you may have to face the consequences for that. Be confident, explore opportunities, evaluate and take decision.

Lots of good luck!!

Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Vikas Kaushik:
Sat: I would advise you not to be panic at this stage. Remember every coin has two sides. I am sure there would be some positive as well as some negative in any company. Accenture is not that kind of company where you should repent after accepting their offer. I am not saying that you should go for it or not but whatever you do, have clear vision in front of you and make a consious decision. If you are going with a doubtful mind, your performance will fall and you may have to face the consequences for that. Be confident, explore opportunities, evaluate and take decision.

Lots of good luck!!

I do agree with Vikas. If they revoked their offer in the history it should be because of some reasons(like fake experience) and they cant revoke everyone's offer.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic