• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jdbc hibernate Websphere exception

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
for my app im using
an oracle10g DB
Websphere 5.1.0 WAS Test enviornment 5.0
with hibernate as a persisting service.

Everything works fine here.

However when we deploy this application on WAS 5.1,and try to insert or update i get the following exception:

I read somewhere this maybe a jdbc driver problem. Can someone help me with this. has been a big source of pain

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ugh! JDBC drivers that throw Null Pointer exceptions should be dragged by meathooks around the village square. That is a horrible thing that they should never do.

What I would suggest though is since you seem to be saying that you do not get this error in your testing environment is use the same driver in deployment that you use in development/testing. Failing that (as in you can't change the deployment driver) you will need to use the same driver as in deployment in your testing/development environment and see what causes the problem.

I would guess from the stacktrace that somewhere there is a call to clear parameters where not all the parameters have been set. I'm not sure how to work around that in Hibernate. But if you can isolate the issue in your development environment it will go a long ways to helping you solve the problem.

Pranav Sharma
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
well you think thats bad, here is the kicker, both enviornments are same.
This problem definetly pushed me a little closer to the edge.

And how do I solve it, I changed the oracle provided jdbc driver and it worked just fine. It took me 2 days for this cause, oracle's download website was down.

why o why

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic