• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Can we use 2 jdbc drivers for same app?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am having a web application which is using struts. The database I have is Sql Server 6.5.
We are having an propriety software for xml binder. This software unmarshalls the xml properly if we use only a sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver driver but its run very slowly for the web application. So then we chose another jdbc driver jtds1.2. But this driver does not unmarshall with that propriety software.

So here is my question in the same web application can we have 2 jbdc drivers? One is sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver to unmarshall xmls and the other is jtds for the web application screens?

Thank you very much for your reply in advance.
Luke.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can have any number of drivers accessing any number of databases. No problem.

But it sounds strange to me that the JDBC/ODBC bridge should be able to do something that jTDS can't. In all circumstances I have encountered, jTDS stands head and shoulders above the bridge in all regards. Have you pointed out this problem on the jTDS mailing list? I'm certain the developers would want to fix it pretty quickly if it is an actual bug. (And as a side note, you should not use the bridge driver, ever, for a number of reasons.)

Luke Zechariah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Ulf Dittmer,

Thanks for the reply. What you say is correct. But I am using an xml binder tool and I am getting this exception:

com.hitsw.xml.databinding.XMLDatabindingException: ExecuteQuery SQL for retrieve autoIncremental-key failed (EXECQUERY_RETRIEVEKEY)
Invalid value "null" for the autoicremental key of the table backupcasemsbesql.dbo.Claim
[1/13/06 21:34:24:548 CST] 3b468c9 SystemOut O com.hitsw.xml.databinding.XMLDatabindingException: Transaction commit/rollback failed: transaction not started (TRANSNOTSTARTED_ERROR)

I will ask it in the jtds forums too. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone who knows why the above problem is occuring pls let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Arun.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This seems like a bug in com.hitsw.xml.databinding

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic