• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jdbc help needed

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all, i am currently working with java mail client project.my problem is i want to store port number to which mail client will connect,what are steps needed for this,should i use System.getProperties() method.but actually this method is not working,because it doesn't specify explicitly the port number... also.i want to save name and password in database and aother information,so which driver i should use,is it fine if i use Type3 driver....
one more thing i am using javamail api-1.4,so using this can i fetch the information about client as well as server...
help me out guys...
thanks in advance.....
Shivangi..

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. If you want to store JavaMail connection parameters in a database you have to decide which parameters those are. In all likelihood the mail host, the account (i.e. email address) and password. If you're using a non-standard port you;d need to store that too (although I'm not even sure how to tell JavaMail to use such a port). All these data items can be easily stored in a database, retrieved, and then used in a Properties for initializing the email Session.

The type of driver being used for the database is irrelevant in the overall scheme of things.

Does this answer the question?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic