• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Chaining stateless session beans

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
OK guys, I need to know if this is ok in WebLogic. Essentially I'm using a member variable in a stateless session bean to store a remote interface to another stateless session bean. I have a feeling that the container could remove the bean implementation, and the UserAdmin bean would throw an EJBException. Will WebLogic's remote stubs automatically plug in another implementation?
I've left out most of the code, but the important bits are:

The code hasn't caused any problems, even under load, but I didn't think I could do this.
Thanks,
Ronak

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hmm, that's a tricky one, it depends on how you've configured your instance pools, whether you call ejbRemove and when WebLogic calls ejbRemove.
The problem is that if WebLogic decides that a UserAdminBean can be removed from it's instance pool (because it's not being used) then I don't know if it will remove the PM bean as well. You could end up with the PM instance pool being depleted (because you keep doing ejbCreate's each time you get a UserAdminBean that has been removed). I don't know if WebLogic calls ejbRemove on PM automatically upon doing ejbRemove on UserAdminBean, you could call it explicitly I guess...
Hope this makes sense and helps...
P.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic