• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Very Strange

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Why there are so many posts unanswered?
A lot of questions I have too ... are already asked.

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Why there are so many posts unanswered?

Which posts are unanswered ?

A lot of questions I have too ... are already asked.

Wait for the answer there then

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This site is a volunteer site where the membership takes their time to answer questions in order to help out other members. If a post isn't answered, perhaps nobody currently reading the thread knows the answer. Perhaps they don't understand the question. If it is your post, you might want to read this to see if you're doing something wrong.

[Bear edit: another moderator pointed out that my original wording sounded rather defensive and confrontational. I thank her for her feedback and have amended my wording to better reflect how I intended the post to be meant. My apologies.]
[ April 06, 2007: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There are many people learning from this site. There are many people who really don't like posting. There are others who are more concerned with making sure the forum is policed. But there are those who do answer many questions. Just wait and see. Most likely many questions will go unanswered because maybe nobody knows the answer, maybe people think the quesiton doesn't deserve an answer, maybe people don't understand the question. Who knows. It's like many forums. Many people are more or less, just here to learn or ask questions, rather than answer questions.

Use search engines, co-workers, friends, and various other forums. This forum is like most other forums. Sometimes a question is answered, many times not. It is the way it is.
[ April 04, 2007: Message edited by: william gates ]

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Peter. Welcome back. Maybe nobody knew the answers to those questions that didn't get answered at the time they were asked. Or maybe they didn't understand the question. It's really hard to say sometimes why a question didn't get answered. Perhaps if you asked your question in a fresh new way, someone would answer it now. I've seen it happen before. Same question, different eyes reading and responding.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic