• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Datasource Binding

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Guys,

I have created a CMP bean with a datasource(jdbc/ejbbank) mapped to it as given in one of the example in REDBOOKS.When i start the test server which i have associated the CMP bean ,getting the following error:-

But i was able to generate the EJB to RDB mapping ..Can anyone of you throw some light if possible ...Thanks in advance.

Expecting reply.

Regards
Sampath Kumar

[5/16/05 17:57:41:759 IST] 4fc8f9a8 ResourceMgrIm I WSVR0049I: Binding EJBBANK_CF as eis/jdbc/ejbbank_CMP
[5/16/05 17:57:42:009 IST] 4fc8f9a8 ResourceMgrIm E WSVR0017E: Error encountered binding the J2EE resource, EJBBANK_CF, as eis/null_CMP from file://C:\Documents and Settings\skumar40\My Documents\IBM\wsappdev51\workspace\ItsoServers\EjbbankServer.wsc/cells/localhost/nodes/localhost/servers/server1/resources.xml
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.binder.ResourceBindingException: invalid configuration passed to resource binding logic. REASON: Invalid Configuration! The DataSource: null has a null ConnectionPool property.
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.binder.ResourceBinderImpl.checkRequiredProperty(ResourceBinderImpl.java:53)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.binder.CMPConnectorFactoryBinder.getBindingObject(CMPConnectorFactoryBinder.java:153)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.bind(ResourceMgrImpl.java:246)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.installResourceProvider(ResourceMgrImpl.java:597)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.installResource(ResourceMgrImpl.java:564)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.installResources(ResourceMgrImpl.java:524)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.loadResources(ResourceMgrImpl.java:404)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ResourceMgrImpl.start(ResourceMgrImpl.java:353)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startComponents(ContainerImpl

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Go to your server perspective and check your server settings that a correct JDBC Provider is configured along with a correct data source. I think you must have something misconfigured in that area !!!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic