• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Salary for Model 1 guys

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,

If I say, I have around 6 yrs exp in Java/J2EE, many would claim I can easily get more than 10LPA. Realisitcally speaking, I get 2.4lpa. In most of those 6 years, I have been working MVC Model 1 architecture. I never got an opportunity to work in Model 2. I have worked in as many as 5 companies. Since I do not have exp in model 2, I am forced to continue work in model 1. Anyway, what I am concerned about in this topic is Salary for model 1 guys and not really about model 1 vs model 2. So folks, is 2.4lpa for model 1 fair? I am not working in metro cities, work in native place which is remote area where IT companies are rarest.

Thanks & Regards,
Sidhaarth

Ranch Hand
Android Firefox Browser Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Oh dear,

This is what I'd call as real exploitation. There is no Model 1 guys salary as such. You develop skills that are required - they are tools that you use. The main criteria is your problem solving ability. After 4-5 years languages/technologies are just tools - you provide solutions to complex business problems. Period. If you believe otherwise (Model 1 or Model 2 or whatever) - you're just believing a limitation/illusion that you have created for yourself.

Do try to get yourself updated on Model 2 or whatever J2EEE you're interested in. Join a course from private institute, take up smallish project or take up SCWCD, SCBCD or whatever. Spend 6 months to update your technical skills and then demand what you deserve. 2.4 LPA to 10 LPA seems difficult but accept nothing less than 7.2 LPA. Be confident and assertive. Good luck!

- Manish

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
2.4 LPA for 6 Years ! Are you kidding or telling us cock and bull stories ?

I would never be ready to believe that. You say you have worked with 5 companies and no company offered you better than that ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
seems like someone understood what exploitation is? anyways as you said you are from small town, and if the company which you are working is also not a big one then i guess what you are getting is right. !! Just try to figure out what is the appropriate rate(you can ask any HR "FRIEND" of yours) for your experience in any other company only in your town. If you think its lesser then yes you are underpaid and if not then i guess you are smart enough.

Shiv Sidhaarth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
No kidding!!!

Job is not more than 8 hrs/day. Weekends are off.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I know a few people those who draw very less salary as compared to there experience.But there might be many reason where a person would like to go for such a job.Like he would be staying in his home town , cost of living would be quite less.
But one thing is 2.4 LPA is really very less.

Shiv Sidhaarth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Other companies are doing projects for local markets in India. They pay much lesser than this. Mine is US based, so I get this much.

Srikanth Basa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Shiv Sidhaarth:
Other companies are doing projects for local markets in India. They pay much lesser than this. Mine is US based, so I get this much.

In which city do you live ?

Shiv Sidhaarth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Southern city of Tamilnadu

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
well shiv , hard work nevr brings you down try try sure it will pay you as othrs discussed with you update yourslf for j2ee in northern or western part of india companies pay you lot as you expctd like for 6years surely you can get 10k come out of small circle and your dream will come true ALL THE BEST !!! cheers muskhaan

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Shiv,
Which southern town of Tamilnadu are you working..?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have worked in small town for quite a long time and I know those companies do not have big revenue, so they pay you very less. I moved to metro few years back and I suggest you to move in metro if it is possible for you.

Shiv Sidhaarth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Near Tirunelveli

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, My native is also from Tirunelveli. Good to see you in this forum. 2.4 L in tirunelveli is a very good deal given the cost of living there. By the way, who gives 2.4L there?..Zenith or SGJ or RMKV?

~Rajesh.B

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic