• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem displaying..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I need to have the "IF" statement to check if the "date" , "month" , "year" selected, is according to the data stored in TextFile named ("Appointment.txt")..
For example:
~ If "2" , "february" , "2004" is selected, the program would check in the Textfile [ 2;february;2004;1.30am;Lunch-break ] and display the date (2/february/2004) in JTextField "dayInput" , time (1.30am) in JTextField "timeInput" & app (Lunch-break) in JTextField "appInput"..
~ If false, a dialog box with "No Appointment" would appear..
And now the problem i'm having is that no matter what "date" i click, it would appear the "No Appointment" dialog box.. i'm not sure if it's my "IF" statement that is wrong, or my path to the TextFile is wrong.. Also maybe is the JTextField coding that is wrong in displaying the data..
This is my coding, could u kindly pls help me to check... i really dun wish to try another method for the whole thing (as i may not understand, & therefore could not explain to my lecturer..) really wish u can point out my mistakes in anywhere of the code..

* pls point out any mistakes that i have done.. (i have been doin this page for abt 2 days, and my DeadLine is getting real close) So i really wish u could give me a reply asap.. Thank u so much..

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Moving this to the Swing / JFC / AWT forum...

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic