• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Are JSP web hosts competitive?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've looked for reliable, resonably priced, JSP shared web hosts. But, the good ones with database services appear to be priced well above the $50-$70/month that I'd pay for a comparable ASP site. Sure, I can find less expensive JSP hosts, and some postings in this forum have mentioned some. But, I've seen none so far that I'd trust for my clients' sites.
Since I build web sites for clients for a living, that leaves me in a bind. I'd rather be working with JSP, but, the web host situation forces me to stick with ASP.
Am I missing something here? Can anyone point me to *proven* JSP web hosts that can compete with ASP sites? Or, do we just have to sit this one out awhile longer and hope the situation improves?
Ron

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Have you checked out http://www.servlets.com/isps/servlet/ISPViewAll. This is a long list of web hosts. I went with EZPublishing (for may personal web site) but it doesn't seem all the wonderful. WebExpose.net was a close second choice: you might want to see what they have.
best of luck
paul

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic