• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

An On-Line Travel Agent -- An Example That Integrates Servlets and JSP

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am self studying Marty Hall's book entitled "Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages". The "An On-Line Travel Agent" example in Chapter 15 (Listings 15.2 to 15.9, pp. 360-375) is close to real office work (I think). Source codes can be downloaded from www.coreservlets.com
I have tried many time and can not get paths and directories right. And therefore can not connect the first HTML page to the rest of the pages.
I would like to learn from those who have worked out this example. Please respond. I am not employed now. I may be required to do something similar at office someday after I start working.

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What is your working environment? Especially, which servlet / JSP engine are you using?
For definative information on the directory setup for servlet/JSP applications, download the servlet 2.2 API from java.sun.com
Bill

JiaPei Jen
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Mr. Brogden:
Thank you very much for responding to my posting. I am using the Weblogic 5.1.0. I "think" that I have figured out the paths of this specific example. However, my current problem is with "internal server error" message. The message indicates something is wrong with the source code. All the source codes are downloaded directly from the web site. I am really stuck now.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic