Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Pls fix this program

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hallo everybody,

I have a file which indicates a link between 2 persons(column 1&2) and column3 is their relation.
FILE:

1 2 1
2 3 1
1 3 1
3 4 1
3 5 1
4 5 1
5 4 1
6 7 1
6 8 1
7 8 1
7 8 2

SO i have here 8 persons(their links in coumn1&2) with relation1 as regulation and relation2 as interaction(column3).

I wrote a program which searches for the links between 3 persons in the following way:
if we consider 3 persons(a pattern) 1,2,3 then there should be a link between (1,2)(1,3)&(2,3) and the relation should be always1(regulation).Then the output should be those 3 persons(1,2,3).

*If there exists a reverselink between (2,1) and also when a link has both the relations(1&2-regulation and interaction)then the pattern should be ignored
For example in the case of 3,4,5.we have (3,4)(3,5)&(4,5) with the relation 1 and we also have a reverse regulation(5,4). In this case 3,4,5 shouldnot be counted.

Also6,7,8.Links (6,7)(6,8)&(7,8)all with relation 1 but at the lastline we also have a link (7,8)with a relation2.So it should also be ignored.

My program:

code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import java.io.*;import java.util.*;import java.lang.String.*;public class analysis8 { public analysis8() throws Exception { int A1=0; //int B1=0;int C1=0; int [][]x = new int[11][2];int j = 0;int k=0; int m=0;int q=0; PrintWriter p = new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("E:/Final_files/output.txt"))); { int ln=0;int ln1=0;int count=0; String line,line1,A,B = " "; String value[] =new String[200]; String values[] =new String[200]; BufferedReader b1 = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("E:/Final_files/Transreg.txt")); LineNumberReader l = new LineNumberReader(b1); while(true) { line = l.readLine();if (line==null) break; StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer(line); ln = l.getLineNumber(); if (ln>=1) { //p.println(); int i = 0; while(st.hasMoreTokens()) { value[i] = st.nextToken(); x[j][i] = Integer.parseInt(value[i]);//p.print(x[j][i]+"\t"); i++; } j++; } }b1.close();//p.close(); for(int a=1; a<=9; a++){ for (int b=1; b<=9; b++){ for (int c=1; c<=9; c++){int B1=0;int C1=0; int B1R=0; int C1R=0; int A1R=0; int B1R1=0; int C1R1=0; for (j=0; j<=11;j++) { if(x[j][2]==1) if((a==x[j][0])&& (b== x[j][1])) { A1=a; B1=b; for(m=0;m<=11;m++) {if(x[m][2]==1) if((a==x[m][0])&& (c== x[m][1])) { A1=a; C1=c; for (k=0; k<=11;k++) {if(x[k][2]==1) if((B1==x[k][0])&& (C1== x[k][1])) { B1R=B1; C1R=C1; for (q=0; q<=11;q++){ if((B1R!=x[q][0])&& (A1!= x[q][1])){ if((C1R!=x[q][0])&& (A1!= x[q][1])){ if((C1R!=x[q][0])&& (B1R!= x[q][1])){ A1R=A1;B1R1=B1R;C1R1=C1R; /*if((C1==x[k][0])&& (B1== x[k][1])) if(B1!=0&&C1!=0) {p.println(A1+"\t"+C1+"\t"+B1);}*/ }}}} if(B1R!=0&&C1R!=0) {p.println(A1R+"\t"+B1R1+"\t"+C1R1);} } }}} } }}}}p.close(); } } public static void main(String s[]) throws Exception { new analysis8(); }}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THe original file which I have used as input has around 1300 persons and almost 6000 rows(links).Computational time is too much and also the baove program gives the output which considers reverse regulation.Which shouldnot happen?

Kindly correct my code running the sample input file given above.

The output should be 1,2,3 in the above case.

Thanx in advance

lowercase baba
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't think you understand A) the purpose of this forum, and B) the purpose of this site.

This particular forum is about fun little games or puzzles. It is not the place to post your homework or your work tasks.

in general, this site is not going to fix your problems for you. this is mostly an educational site, where we try and help people learn to program and how to think about programming. You could post in specific forums specific questions about your code - but with your code formatted like this, very few folks (who are all volunteers) are going to take the time to read it.

If you are looking to have someone write/fix/maintain code for you, there is one forum you can try - the "Jobs Offered" forum. you might be able to find somebody there who would fix your code, but you'd have to pay them.

sina sinchen
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks anyway. I have fixed the problem myself.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by sina sinchen:
Thanks anyway. I have fixed the problem myself.

Thx!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic