• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Http response

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have a server side program where i generate an XML file. Its a time consuming process. So i need to output the XML as and when it is growing in size to the client. So, I created a thread and sending the XML as response which is varying. The XML is bound to the session. Now, my problem is, I have to overwrite the response everytime, but its getting appended to already existing response and so the browser gives an error saying that two xml elements should not be there. I hope i am clear here. What is the solution for this??
========
shankar

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You are going to have to prevent the XML file from being modified while you are sending a response. If the process that modifies the XML can't be halted, then you will have to somehow grab a copy and send the copy.

shankar vembu
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I am able to send the response but my problem is when i send it for a second time(I may have to send the response at equal intervals of a fixed time), it appends to the already existing response in the browser window and this gives an error because I am trying to append an xml to an xml .....as mentioned in my previous post.
========
shankar

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic