• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

session haldling in a clustering environment

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Suppoe there are three servers A,B,C in a horizontal load balancing enviroment hosting the same application. If the number of request goes beyond 50 on A, the next server serves the request. when a person's request is served by server A, a session is created on server A. Next time, the request of the same person for the resource goes to Server B. Will a new session for that person be created on server B. If yes then what is the fun of creating multiple sessions one on server A and another on B for a single user. what will happen to the session on server A If a new session is created on server B.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I think there's multiple ways to configure the server. I think it also depends upon the server. I can't remember the names of the configurations but I think a common scenario in a clustered environment is that once a session has been established with a node it will stay with that node. If new sessions need to be directed to another node then I think that occurs before it gets to node A say. I guess another option is to move the session over to another server. I don't think there's the case that you describe where there are multiple sessions for the same user existing on several nodes however.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic