• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

multiple context problem

Ranch Hand
Oracle Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

I am facing a problem in my application because of multiple context. here is explanation of my problem.

I have multiple war files here is, those are part of single ear but they have different web context.

On user interaction with the help common menu in top frame, user switched to different context and comes back to previous context.

Now my problem is that when user switch to different context every thing works file, but whenever user comes back to context of my was file context does not change , however page gets displayed .

since context page is not able to include css and js files, because we are using context relative url....

I am using following steps during context switching

hope I could explain my problem,

please advice how do I switch context so that I can get the all relative resources....

Shailesh

Sheriff
Firefox Browser VI Editor Redhat
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The servlet spec doesn't cover cross context behaviour in great detail (compared with other aspects of servlet apps) so, at best I would expect inconsistant behaviour between different containers.

Which one are you using?

Also, out of curiosity, why did you spread your app over multiple contexts?
It's something I've never done and have wondered what motivates others to do so.

Last, since this is more of a servlet issue than a JSP specific one, I'm going to move it to our Servlets forum.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic