• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Classpath troubles

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I realize this topic has been covered several times and beaten into the ground ...but I just can�t manage to get my project into a standalone jar ...or just run it outside of eclipse

And just for the record i've been working on this for the last 2 days reading posts and trying all sorts of stuff

So hers my set-up in eclipse (I don�t know any other way of explaining it):
All of my code is in the package edu.georgetown.caars and I would like to make a jar with the main class being Test (which is in edu.georgetown.caars)

In my build path I have several jars in the folders edu/georgetown/caars/JDIC and edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS and these have all been added under the libraries tab, also I am using classes from another member of the team�s code which resides in src/java/com/juxtopia/caars (which has sub-folders of its own and separate packages for each folder) and in the build path under the source tab I added src/java, which in turn caused eclipse to add src/java and src/java/com to the excluded list of the root folder (CAARS)

I can run any of my classes using the external libraries or code from the other package in eclipse without any problems, but I cant figure out what to put in the manifest�s Class-Path field or when running from the command line, the �cp argument

Also here is eclipse�s .classpath file if it helps any:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
<classpathentry excluding="src/java/|src/java/com/" kind="src" path=""/>
<classpathentry kind="src" path="src/java"/>
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JDIC/jdic.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-beanutils.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-beanutils-bean-collections.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-beanutils-core.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-jexl-1.0.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-logging-1.1.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-logging-1.1-ide.zip"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-logging-adapters-1.1.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/commons-logging-api-1.1.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/poi-contrib-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="edu/georgetown/caars/JXLS/poi-scratchpad-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="lib" path="/jxls/dist/jxls.jar"/>
<classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

Any help on this would be a huge help
-Jerome BG
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic