• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

I don't like cops

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Eric Fletcher:
If memory serves, it was something about a shooting at a school somewhere, but other than that I don't know the details.
Do I get partial credit?

Close enough.
In February of 1979, 16 year old Brenda Spencer decided to start shooting her .22 rifle towards Cleveland Elementary school in San Diego. She wounded 8 children and one police officer. She also killed principal Burton Wragg and custodian Michael Suchar. When asked why she did it (in the song, "Tell me why?") she replied: "I don't like Mondays."
For a story about the survivors see http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/santana/20010309-9999_1n9spencer.html.
[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: Jason Menard ]

mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
She will be eligible for parole in 2005.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Recently, I had the opportunity to attend the Citizen's Police Academy in my community. I can tell you this, I have a new respect for the police. We were exposed, over a period of 10 weeks, to the process of becoming a police officer, maintaining strict requirements, and finally the crap they deal with on a daily basis. As a whole, I would imagine there are not as many "mean" police officers as one would think. Just think about how many are out "there" working, covering a 24/7 time frame for us, the citizens. I have never in my 46 years had a bad experience with a police officer.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic