• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

create skeleton with WSDL

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
when I create skeleton with WSDL using this command -> java -cp .;%AXISCLASSPATH% org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --server-side --skeletonDeploy true math.wsdl
File MathServiceSoapBindingImpl.java was generated..
the code which is in the file is:

now, i want asked all of you, why the method return -3??
I have read code of math.wsdl..but i didn't find clue for it..

can you all explain it for me??

author and deputy
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi

There aren't many rules that you need to worry about here on the Ranch, but one that we take very seriously regards the use of proper names. Please take a look at the JavaRanch Naming Policy and adjust your display name to match it.

With reference to your question, can you please copy & paste your wsdl so that it can give some clue ?

Thanks!
Balaji

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The WSDL2Java emitter add the arbitrary return types (null for String) -3 in your case which needs to be modified in your SoapBindinImpl class to bind it with your functionality provider. Since, this value has nothing to do with your custom WSDL, please update the return statement with the actual implementinn method from the provider.

soraya penina
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Nitin Pathak:
The WSDL2Java emitter add the arbitrary return types (null for String) -3 in your case which needs to be modified in your SoapBindinImpl class to bind it with your functionality provider. Since, this value has nothing to do with your custom WSDL, please update the return statement with the actual implementinn method from the provider.

sorry....can you explain it with more detail??
what -3 is default value if create skeleton with WSDL??

Thanks,
Soraya

Nitin Pathak
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Creating a java class with the operations (read methods) returning Integer types have the arbitrary integer value of -3 assigned to the return type; as the WSDL2Java utility class is NOT aware of your functionality provider:

For example - I created a SoapBindingImpl class from WSDL2Java with the following code:

Here, for both the add and subtract methods, the return type has been assigned as -3 which we definitely need to change.

We need to make the following changes to bind WS with the functionality provider:

Where the modifications made are depicted in bold.

It does not matter what arbitrary values your method returns, which in this case we have learnt is -3; what matters is the binding the service with the provider (in this case it is SimpleCalculator).

Hope this helps a bit!

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes; art is knowing which ones to keep. Keep this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic