• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New session created when submitting to a action class from JSP

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have a j2ee application which has a login servlet which creates a session and redirects to a JSP. This JSP submits to an action and when trying to read the session gives a new HTTP session object. New session is created for every action class submission basically for each request. I found with the help of a listener class and when the session ids in the servlet and action are different. I doubt this is because there is no session information in the cookie and thus the container creates a new session even before reading the session in the action class. But i'm not sure if this is the eroblem and the possible fix for this. Can anyone help me fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Vani

Author
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This isn't a Struts question, but a general application server issue--you might be better off in the "servlets" forum.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic