• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jasper Report

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I've designed a report in jasper designer. Manual report is in format(which has 10 rows it should be static).So i've to create 10 rows to the user needs in jasper. I've created the 10 lines and dynamic text field in details band. So it should have 10 lines and dynamic text according to the query i've given. What i've got stuck is, it is printing 1 record per page(say if i've 5 records, each records is displayed as record per page, in 5 pages) I've to display 5 records in the first page and the remaining rows of the page should be empty. Please give some idea.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Make sure that your dynamic text fields are defined in the details band and not in the header or footer bands.

Rekha Subramaniyan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I've kept Dynamic text fields are defined in the details bands. My need is "I've designed report and if i execute with(empty datasource) it is viewing 10 rows as my need. If i execute with active connections i've got 1 row per page. like if my query gives result as 5 records it is viewing in 5 single rows. Each single row is in each page(5 rows->5 pages). I've to show 5 records in the single page itself.. any ideas please

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Rekha Subramaniyan:
I've kept Dynamic text fields are defined in the details bands. My need is "I've designed report and if i execute with(empty datasource) it is viewing 10 rows as my need. If i execute with active connections i've got 1 row per page. like if my query gives result as 5 records it is viewing in 5 single rows. Each single row is in each page(5 rows->5 pages). I've to show 5 records in the single page itself.. any ideas please

Just check whether you dragged(i think you made more padding) the footer sections...don't drag that much..

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic