• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Do you really want to live for 100 years?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Well if my mental and physical health is not in too bed condition and I still have curiosity to know/learn new things in life and have people around me to love, why not?

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Eat fruits, raw vegetables.
You would sure live for 100 years or atleast after a week you see your breakfast and change your notion.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Greetings,

My answer would be "NO"...

Why would i continue to see the "ugly" side of the world?

I would rather let everything be beautiful and perfect in my memories than to continue exposing myself to the on-going defects of the world..

*just my 2 cents worth~*

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As a kid I thought that the future would be exciting. Now as an adult, I know that even if I live three times as long, it would not be as exciting as I would hope as a kid. Who cares about mobile phones, even if it has a camera so you can see the other person talk at the other end? Technology takes so long evolve it just becomes boring.

As for living to a hundred years, I do not have a pension plan and any social security would not cover me by the time I get old. I do not know if I want to live until I retire and to pay pension would be dafter then paying into a marriage account never knowing who or when I would marry.

Gerald Davis
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As a kid I thought that the future would be exciting. Now as an adult, I know that even if I live three times as long, it would not be as exciting as I would hope as a kid. Who cares about mobile phones, even if it has a camera so you can see the other person talk at the other end? Technology takes so long evolve it just becomes boring.

As for living to a hundred years, I do not have a pension plan and any social security would not cover me by the time I get old. I do not know if I want to live until I retire and to pay pension would be dafter then paying into a marriage account never knowing who or when I would marry.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
how old are you, Gerald?

pie sneak
Mac VI Editor Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Depends. Do I still get to be a bartender at 100?

Gerald Davis
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Nick George:
how old are you, Gerald?

I am 32 years old, and the thing is, I don�t know anything about 32 year and don�t know where they are or what they do. I don�t know what I could possibly offer a 32-year-old woman that I could not offer them ten years ago, we have nothing in common. I was looking at a workmates website at a ladies profile and my workmate said she is too young but I honestly cannot see how. I will never seem mature simply because just like a child, I never completely make up my mind about a subject, completely honest (a non social climber) and don�t need coffee for energy in the morning. A true scientific mind always has a child like attitude to learning in any social situation regardless of any social disadvantages. Should I just try harder to fit in?

High Plains Drifter
Netbeans IDE VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You could try making a life out of what you have rather than what you fear.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It'll be so boring if we started living too long. I think when it's time to go, it's time to make way for fresh life. If we start living too long, we will have to compete with our younger generation for resources. So let us make way and let the young bubbly ones come over with their new ideas and continue this chain called "life".

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
so it will all boil down to "do you want to watch olympic games 2076, 2080, 2084, 2088, 2092, ....."

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The older I get the more bitter, cynical and depressed I get about the whole world.

Thankfully increased incidence of cancer and stress related diseases, a long overdue global influenza pandemic, increasingly unstable climate and many other factors suggest that I may not have to endure living much longer - certainly not beyond 100 years!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Anand Prabhu:
It'll be so boring if we started living too long. I think when it's time to go, it's time to make way for fresh life. If we start living too long, we will have to compete with our younger generation for resources. So let us make way and let the young bubbly ones come over with their new ideas and continue this chain called "life".

Good thoughts Anand

Aaron Ting
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Looks like many here are skeptical over living 100yrs..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I guess its depends upon how you would live as much as how long. I very much want to stick around to see what happens. History is something that really interests me, and what better way of seeing it then experiencing it at first hand? Unfortunately interesting things happen quite rarely, so I want to stay alive to see as many as possible. I'm also quite interested to see the ramifications of decisions made right now - it'll be great to see the future....

...but on the other hand if I have to do it while spending most of my life as an ill and infirm pensioner eating soup because all my teeth have fallen out, then I think I'd rather give it a miss.

The other problem is how many of us are going to live for a long time. If someone invented a drug which stopped aging, it would be great for a while, but imagine the kind of Malthusian nightmare we'd have after a while.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic