• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

NSE VS BSE

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
If a stock is traded on both NSE and BSE, and I decide to buy the stock, how do I decide whether to buy on NSE or BSE. Let me be more specific, I wish to invest in Kale Consultants. How do I decide whether to buy this on NSE or BSE?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, that's no brainer, is it? Buy on the exchange that offers the lower price and fees/commissions. In reality, the price is likely to be the same, because otherwise you could buy the stock on one exchange and simultaneosly sell the same stock on the other exchange, thus making a risk-free profit in the arbitrage.

By the way, New York Stock Exchange is NYSE, not NSE, if that's what you meant.

Anoushka Sharma
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
sorry, I should have been more specific. This question is w.r.t. India. NSE is National Stock Exchange and BSE is Bombay Stock Exchange.

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Anoushka Sharma:
If a stock is traded on both NSE and BSE, and I decide to buy the stock, how do I decide whether to buy on NSE or BSE. Let me be more specific, I wish to invest in Kale Consultants. How do I decide whether to buy this on NSE or BSE?

It doesn't matter where you buy. Some online trading account do not provide trading account with BSE. Most of the time there is no difference in stock price in the 2 exchanges.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
BSE is much better if you are a short term trader or even a day trader. Thats because, the volume traded is much greater in the BSE than the NSE. However, keep in mind that the figures which represent the volume traded are , most of the time manipulated by the stock brokers, be it in the BSE or the NSE. By manipulation, I mean that the stock brokers themselves do continous virtual trading throught the day in order to manipulate the stock prices.NSE is based on NIfty, while BSE on Sensex.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Shankar Iyer:
BSE is much better if you are a short term trader or even a day trader. Thats because, the volume traded is much greater in the BSE than the NSE.

Shankar Iyer, you are wrong here.

NSE has more valumes in terms of Daily Transaction / Worth of Transaction / No of Brokers.

In FnO section, BSE is just 5-10% of the NSE.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic