• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

"My Posts" sorting error.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The "My Post" list is currently sorting due to the date of my own post. But it should be sorted due the date of the last post, isn't it?
If it is, we can quickly track new posts for my threads.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why would it be an error if your posts are sorted by the time you posted them? Seems quite natural to me.

If you're looking for recently active topics, they're listed under "Recent Topics".

If you want to know if someone has replied in a topic you have posted to, check the "Last post by" column in your post list.

Treimin Clark
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ulf Dittmer wrote:
If you want to know if someone has replied in a topic you have posted to, check the "Last post by" column in your post list.

Well assume this scenario. I've started 70 topics one day. At next day, someone have posted a reply to the first topic, which i've posted as first. (and no one else replied to my other topics) At third day, I'm clicking on the "My Post" link to see replies to my topics....

According to this scenario, the "My Post" link doesn't show the newly replied thread as first. It shows the thread, which I've post at last, even though there are no any replies. To check who replied to my posts, I have to check the complete list on the "Last Post by" column. The recently replied thread may be in the second or third page... Ouch.!

I didn't face this problem on the old UBB version. On that version, the "My Post" list is always being sorted with the date of the Last Reply.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Treimin Clark wrote:I didn't face this problem on the old UBB version. On that version, the "My Post" list is always being sorted with the date of the Last Reply.

What can we say - it's different software - things are bound to work differently.

If you are trying to find out when posts are replied to, why not set up a watch? Then you can get an e-mail rather than weeding through this list.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic