• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

GuiController design

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys. I'm using GuiController class to obtain data class reference and to perform operations needed for GUI like searching records or booking rooms. I can't make my DataRemote class to be DB(data class interface) , because of exceptions that are thrown in the DB interface.
So in the GuiControler class I have one reference to the Data class and other reference to the DataRemote. So in order to avoid many if statements I decided to make Connection class

How do you think about this approach ? Is it ok for the SCJD or should I rethink my design.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can also use the Adapter pattern to adapt the remote interface to DB, or the other way round.

Maksym Odintsov
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm not shure about Adapter pattern. Can you explain me in details how you would adapt the remote interface to DB ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well I believe what Alecsandru believed (let me know if I am wrong) is that you may be able to use the Strategy Pattern (Having the interface DB implemented on the directConnection and remoteConnection) and the Adapter Pattern together (Having an instance of directConnection inside remoteConnection and calling the methods from directConnection inside remoteConnection)

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic