• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Good Book on SOA for Java Developers? Please Help (This question is not a repetition)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
(I have already searched this forum to see answers to similar kind of questions.
I found that answers by Peer Reynders, Ulf Dittmer and others were really helpful.
But I still feel I should post this direct question to everyone. Sorry if you think this question is a repetition)

I am looking for good books on SOA/Web Service from the perspective of a Java Developer trying to learn SOA/Web Sphere.
I managed to find good books written by SOA Guru Thomas Erl, they seem to be targetted for those already experienced in
SOA/Web Sphere and intended for architects.

Though I found the following books that meet my criteria, they seem to have not received well by developers new to SOA/WS.

Service Oriented Architecture with Java: Using SOA and web services to build powerful Java applications by Binildas A. Christudas (Author)
SOA Using Java(TM) Web Services by Mark D. Hansen (Author)
Java Web Services by David A. Chappell (Author), Tyler Jewell (Author)
Java Web Services Architecture (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems) (Paperback) by James McGovern (Author)
J2EE Web Services by Richard Monson-Haefel

Is there any book, that you would recommend for a Java developer trying to learn SOA/WS with easy to understand examples?
Something in lines of building a SOA/WS based application side-by-side while reading this book.
I am strong in Java, XML etc but I would call myself a novice trying to learn WS

If you think any of these books that I mentioned might as well help, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You can have the following books on your study table.

Axis2 Introduction - Developing Web Services with Apache Axis2
JAX-WS - SOA Using Java(TM) Web Services by Mark D. Hansen (Author)

Thanks,
Rahul

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic