• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Time Travel company !

clojure forum advocate
Mac Objective C Clojure
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
http://www.timetravelfund.com/

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!! just as foolish as people who pay thousands of dollars to be cryogenically frozen.

author and iconoclast
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I love it!

Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
From their Member's User Agreement...

$1.00 of each $10.00 membership is put into the investment fund.
$1.00 of each $10.00 membership is put into a maintenance fund...
The remaining $8.00 will be used to print and mail your certificate, place and maintain your name and information in our database, and to cover the associated costs of running the website and database.

I can't wait for my certificate. I'm sure it will look nice framed.

It would be even better if members got a secret ring to wear, so that we can be positively identified when visitors from the future come for us!
[ August 29, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]

marc weber
Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When time travel becomes commonplace, our descendants will realize how immoral it would be to leave all of us trapped here in the past, and so a massive humanitarian effort will be undertaken to transport us all into the future as "time refugees." If you've contributed to this time travel fund, then you will be able to cash out your accumulated balance when you arrive in the future; however, it will be worthless because everything of value will be free. You will only need to pay for things that have no value, like a backup wardrobe of thermal spandex. The main advantage to joining this time travel club will be the secret rings, which will be highly coveted because they have no value.

Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Boy, there's a Twilight Zone episode for you. Man joins time travel club. That night, when everyone is asleep, a man from the future comes into his bedroom. He asks, "Are you here to take me to the future?"

Ending one: Future man says "No, I'm here to steal your ring! Takes it, leaves."

Ending two: Future man says "Hell, no! I'm moving here to the past! The future sucks!"

Ending three: Future man says "No, I've been living off your 37 billion dollars, but it's running out, and so I've come back to add another dollar to the kitty, and, you know, kill you and stuff."

Ending four: Future man says "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!"

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ending five: Man who started the stupid site sits back and counts all his money that was given to him by suckers.

marc weber
Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hmmm, if I could get a modest percentage of "membership" sales, I could rent a booth at a Star Trek convention and...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I just donated into the fund, and this thing came back merely seconds later to get me! The problem? Apparently human beings have evolved to the point that they no longer look humanoid, instead appearing more like melted-down versions of humanoids with no arms and legs. Evolution happens in the exact opposite manner as we expected, and in my future, humans all look like blobs.

Whats worse is that they are asexual, with a strong bend to the masculine. Ewww! An asexual blob with masculine tendencies that just needs a little snerfy-snerfy. That's a little too metro-sexual for me, thanks so much!.

Anyhow, after demanding a refund I got 1 dollar back; the other 9 were needed to cover "costs" by the company. That will buy me one 20oz Coke, which hopefully won't have the "fungal-flu" that good ol' Zerberax warned me about. 2nd great plague won't get my butt!

Toodles!

Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Gregg Bolinger:
Ending five: Man who started the stupid site sits back and counts all his money that was given to him by suckers.

Aha! That's the best plot of all: a man from the future travels back in time, starts a web site that gets people to give him a dollar. He takes all 47 dollars he gets, invests it for 500 years, goes back to the future, and lives like a king! Then one of his "clients" shows up...

Ending one: ... and sends him back to the past, penniless.
Ending two: ... and kills him and stuff.
Ending three: ... and tells him he reported him to the FBI, 500 years ago. Then we look on in horror as his Cartier watch vanishes!
Ending four: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

marc weber
Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would really like to respond to that, but someone from the future has just arrived to take be back -- uh, I mean, forward -- and we need to leave immediately. Not bad for $10!

marc weber
Sheriff
Mac Safari Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by marc weber:
...someone from the future has just arrived to take be back -- uh, I mean, forward -- and we need to leave immediately...

Okay, I'm back. That was interesting, I guess. :roll:

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Bah, long after I left the site, I am still seeing blue..I hate websites with such a dark background.

What new ways to become rich!!! Do people really believe in such weird things. Time travel may be possible one day, but to start a fund to travel in future, that seems faaaaar fetched.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic