• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed SCEA 5 but no score !

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

On the certification database website I finally saw the following result :

Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE 5, Part 3 (310-062) Mar 24 2009 P 0

I was worried about the score showing zero so I sent a mail to Sun.
Here is the reply I got, note the section I marked in bold italics :

Dear Ronald Wouters,

Thank you for contacting Sun Certification Customer Support. We are happy to assist you.

The SCEA 5 assignment is pass or fail. A numerical score and a section score breakdown are not provided for the new SCEA 5 assignment.

We have verified your exam results from the Assignment Watcher database and processed your certification as a Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 in the Sun CertManager Database at http://www.certmanager.net/sun.

Your Sun certification welcome package is being processed. Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.

There is a technical issue in Prometric’s testing system that is preventing exam scores from being transferred to our database for many candidates. Until the issue is resolved, we have verified your passing exam result and manually granted your certification. The exam results will not appear until a later date. This will cause no problems with your certified status.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing Sun products and services.

Sincerely,
Michele Castle
Sun Certification Customer Support
who2contact@sun.com

I am glad to have passed the exam and being certain of that thanks to the reply mail I got from Sun. However I was wondering if some of you have had the same problem and if so how long it took for the actual score breakdown to appear on the cert database website.

Regards,
Ronald Wouters

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Hope you know your score soon.

Please tell us how did you prepare for the exams.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have the same status, with a "P" but a score of zero for part 3. I had been assuming that this meant that grading on the part 2 assignment hadn't been completed.

Has anyone seen an action score in the certification manager for their SCEA 5 exam?

Ronald Wouters
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Please tell us how did you prepare for the exams

Well, in short, for part 1 I read most of the books listed here. In addition to that I used the whizlabs simulator for scea5. I must say though that the questions on the real part 1 exam are a lot tougher than in the simulator.
One Tip: make sure you know your patterns !
For part 2 (uml diagrams) I did not have to prepare that much because I already knew most of the uml stuff I needed. During the time I was working on part 2, I mostly used "EJB3 in action" and some books on JSF mostly as a kind of "reference" info.
For part 3 you can read this here.

One more thing. As I mentioned in my original posting I contacted sun about the zero score I got. I just noticed that in one short mail they manage to contradict themselves. First they mention :

A numerical score and a section score breakdown are not provided for the new SCEA 5 assignment

but then a few lines further they mention

The exam results will not appear until a later date

which to me suggest that a score will be provided.

So, I as Keith already asked, I would also like to know if anyone that has passed the SCEA 5 exams, got a score with points for each of the diagrams ?
If not, why would Sun bother giving a breakdown of the score for each of the diagrams as is done in the assignment itself ?!

Regards,
Ronald Wouters

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Congrats!

Have you used Business Delegate and Service Locator patterns in your design

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Best wishes
Ritu Sharma
World's BEST Java Certification Preparation Solutions
SCJA,SCJP 5.0,SCJP 5.0 (Training),SCJP 6.0, SCWCD5, SCDJWS, SCMAD,SCEA5,SCBCD 5.0
With 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hi.

I just checked the cert manager site and I saw the following:

Test: Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE 5, Part 3 (310-062)
Date Taken: 2009-04-03 11:20:11.480
Registration Number: r7blam513a
Site: mx53
Grade: P
Score: 0
Comment: n/a

Ronald:
I think this was your same situation, Did you received a confirmation?
Does it means I have passed?

Thanks
Regards

Ronald Wouters
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jose Luis Iturbide wrote:
Hi.

Ronald:

Yes, it means you have passed. Check out the following link (step 2 of the assignment):
http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/CX-310-301A.xml
In the “Scale of the Assignment” section it says :

Candidates who pass the assignment will receive NO comments, only a passing score. Failing assignments will receive only basic notification of the section failed with no details.

Here is another part of a reply mail I got from Sun when asking about my zero score :

A scoring breakdown is provided in the assignment documentation to show how heavily each section of your assignment is weighted during the assessment process. The assignment documentation does not provide clear details regarding how you will receive your score because the assignments were written before exact score reporting procedures for the SCEA 5 were determined by the Sun Certification management team.

So, in short, you have passed, Congratulations

I know, I also find it very frustrating not getting a breakdown of the score for the different diagrams. You never know what your weak points were that way. But hey, I am not complaining about it (anymore )

Regards

Keith Rieck
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you don't receive any contact within 8 weeks of taking the test, then you should contact Sun to ask about your grade status (who2contact@sun.com). I recently learned that the grading of my assignment was done in February, but they didn't send my certificate out until after I had pinged them in April.

As for actual grades, I'm holding out hope that we'll eventually see them in the Prometric certification database. Folks who've passed the old J2EE test reported that they got real grades back. The certification database shows grade breakdowns for my Developer's test.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Jose,

I recommend you to send an e-mail to who2contact@sun.com asking for your result. In their reply, they said there was some issue with Prometric and that they were manually granting my certification.

I'm in the same situation of Wouters. I expected to receive some grade, in the e-mail they say there is no result but at the same time they say the score will be provided some day later. I asked to receive the results by e-mail but they said again there is not a grade.

Eduardo

Jose Luis Iturbide wrote:
Hi.

I just checked the cert manager site and I saw the following:

Test: Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE 5, Part 3 (310-062)
Date Taken: 2009-04-03 11:20:11.480
Registration Number: r7blam513a
Site: mx53
Grade: P
Score: 0
Comment: n/a

Ronald:

Thanks
Regards

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for all ranchers who have posted messages for SCEA 5 assignment. I have also just received a "P" status today.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem as other people who have posted previously - I got 'P' with no score for SCEA part 3 in certmanager database. I wrote to who2contact@sun.com and asked to confirm the result, however I did not receive any response, while four days have already passed since then.

I conclude from the posts above that 'P' means passed, nevertheless I would like to have an official confirmation before I publicly announce that.

Does anyone of you know how much time can it take for score to appear in certmanager database after the grade was announced?

Thanks,
Janis

This guy is skipping without a rope. At least, that's what this tiny ad said:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic