• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help regarding classpath of jar and environment variable for tomcat

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
I have 2 doubts :
1> I have added a jar file in the lib of my web project. Now when I try to access the classes in the jar file the classes are missing. How do I explicitly add the jar file in the classpath.
2> If an environment variable was designed in the linux OS would it be accessible to the war deployed on tomcat?

Please help.
Thanks

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Aditya Keyal wrote:
1> I have added a jar file in the lib of my web project. Now when I try to access the classes in the jar file the classes are missing. How do I explicitly add the jar file in the classpath.

Those classes should be in the classpath. Do you have other JAR files in WEB-INF/lib that are working? How are you trying to access the classes? What error are you getting?

Aditya Keyal wrote:
2> If an environment variable was designed in the linux OS would it be accessible to the war deployed on tomcat?

I don't know what you mean here. You declared an environment variable in one OS and want it to work in another? You need to give us some details as to what you have on Linux and what you want in Windows.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic