• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Display Tag Library auto-paging problem

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I'm not really sure this is the right Forum, so please forgive me and point to the right one. I am using Struts and having a weird problem using Display Tag Lib. I am currently working on a large application feature which does custom reports. I am using Display Tag Lib to display my report, however I am not setting any pagesize so when I a large report it dumps everything the page. I was having issues with using the auto-paging in Display Tag Lib, so I'm just displaying everything for now. I decide to create a small project using most of the functionality as in my large application without using a DB. I just created a class that populates an ArrayList with 12 elements, I create an instance in my Action Class, and populate my ActionForm bean. Pretty straight forward. I got this working great with auto-paging as I set the pagesize="3" and I get the [Previous/Next]1, 2, 3 [Next/Last]. Now I try to implement this in my large application, which is very similar to the test project, but for some reason the [Previous/Next]1, 2, 3....[Next/Last] is not working. When I hover over any of the pages they show no url link, as opposed to my test project where it shows: http://localhost:8080/myTest/index.jsp?page2

I've compare the JSPs line by line, the sections in the Action. In debug mode I see the data being populated, and I get the table, but the paging seems to not have those links. Here is all the pertinent code:

JSP:

Action Class: (this class is pretty huge, so I'll just add what's populating the list and how I send to the JSP)

ActionForm bean:

Struts config:

If anyone can help me in resolving this problem or point me to docs that can help I would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,
Jerome

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic