• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Installing problem MySQL JDBC driver

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Can anyone help me with my problem, please? I tried to install a driver , but it don't go as it should. I have succesfully installed MySQL and now I trie to install the MySQL JDBC driver in Eclipse Ganymede.

In green are the links or buttons I clicked on.
In red is the text I wrote in the blank spaces.
In italic the text I get : the menu, problemnotifications,....

Java EE

Data Source Explorer

I marked “Database Connections” and open with the right mousekey the menu and clicked on “New
Connection Profile
Create a DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows connection profile.
Connection Profile Types:
MySQL
Name: ( Where I put in the next line)
BeersLocalHost
Next>'

Specify a Driver and Connection Details
Select a driver from the drop-down and provide login details for the connection.
Drivers: MySQL JDBC Driver [+] (I clicked on this button “New Driver Definition”)

Specify a Driver Template and Definition Name
Name/Type
MySQL JDBC Driver MySQL 5.1
First I get this answer:
Unable to locate JAR/zip in file system as specified by the driver definition: mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar.
Jar List
I remove mysql-connector-java-5.1.0.-bin.jar and loose notification:
Unable to locate JAR/zip in file system as specified by the driver definition: mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar.
When I then want to install the driver “C:\Users\Emmanuel\Contacts\Documents\Programma's\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar” I get :
A driver already exists with that name. Please provide a unique driver name
I can't push then the button “ok”, but just can push the button “cancel”.
If I trie again and this time I do the following steps:

Specify a Driver and Connection Details
Select a driver from the drop-down and provide login details for the connection.
Drivers: MySQL JDBC Driver [+] (I clicked on this button “New Driver Definition”)

Specify a Driver Template and Definition Name
Name/Type
MySQL JDBC Driver MySQL 5.1
First I get this answer:
Jar List
I let the file “mysql-connector-java-5.1.0.-bin.jar “ as it is and add the next file
“C:\Users\Emmanuel\Contacts\Documents\Programma's\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar” to and I get following notification :
A driver already exists with that name. Please provide a unique driver name.
So in both cases I get as answer – even if the driver is in the list - their isn't a driver available and when I want to remove the driver and/or add a new driver to it I get as answer the driver already exists.

Could somebody help me, please? I follow a course and can't get further and can't work on my portable because of this problem.

Thanks forward.

Emmanuel

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic