• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Leading Canadian software development firm in the downtown Toronto area seeks superstar senior J2EE

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi there,

My name is Omer Khan and I am a senior technology consultant to the top Fortune 500 organizations inter-continentally as well as to the most innovative and growth-bound small-to-mid sized super successful businesses both existing and start ups in the marketplace today. I consult those organizations that have a phenomenal business model, excellent business acument, a tremendous vision, are experiencing tremendous growth, have a stellar C level management structure, foster a dynamic corporate culture, foster personal and professional development, use emerging technologies, offer fast upward mobility and have a star studded client list. One of these clients is a world class software development firm located in the downtown Toronto area that develops and delivers software solutions to the retail industry. Currently they have an opening for a

Senior J2EE developer/architect. Here are the specs of the role.

The Java Developer will be responsible for architecturing code and lead developing a number of J2EE based retail products and sub-systems for a large North American retailer.

As a pivotal member of our development team, the successful applicant will be participating in all areas of software development including technical analysis, architecture, prototyping, development, integration and system documentation. He or she will be working with an application architect, a business analyst and client representatives.

Minimal Requirements

* Expertise in Java, J2EE and at least one application server or servlet container such as Tomcat
* Expertise in database programming, solid understanding of database modeling
* Expertise in Eclipse, Ant, Spring, and Hibernate
* Working knowledge of Spring WS and Spring MVC
* Working knowledge of load-balancing principles an asset
* Working knowledge of Ajax an asset
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* An entrepreneurial mindset: proactive and a self-starter
* End user focused

Key Qualifications

* 5+ years of core Java development experience/architecture
* 5+ years of J2EE, JSP, XML development experience
* 4+ years of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
* 3+ years of relational database experience (database programming and modeling), preferably with MS-SQL Server
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with J2EE application servers, such as Tomcat
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with Apache Struts and Spring
* Working knowledge of ANT and SVN
* Working knowledge of Castor
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent

Employment type Full time, employee
Total compensation: Excellent base salary + one of the best benefits
packages around.

If fully qualified, interested and local to Toronto, My e-mail is khkit@rogers.com and my phone number is 905-884-2794. Please send me your resume for immediate interview consideration.

Awaiting your timely response

Regards

Omer Khan
Senior Consultant
KHK Partners
phone-(905)-884-2794
fax-(905)-770-6802
e-mail-khkit@rogers.com
www.khkpartners.com

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic