• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

FAIL SCWCD 083 (69%)

Greenhorn
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi all! I'm a silent user of this forum, I cleared my SCJP this summer and I was studing for the SCWCD.
Because of life-problem I decide to clear the exam this week, I felt not ready, but more i wait worst i felt!
I was pointing to just pass it because of the bad period, it wasn't my first idea, i always point to the maximum, but life is strange.

So i try to attempt the exam this morning and 69% it's the result! ( )

As you can see there is a huge difference between topic and topic, the exam (I'm sorry to say it) is API && SPEC based

Material:

HFJS 1.5
I study a lot on this book, I was thinking it was like the one for the SCJP, but i was wrong!
It's a really good book, but it doesn't cover all the topics deeply! It's enough for

- The Structure and Deployment of Web applications
- Web Application security
- Session Management
- Java server pages (JSP) Tecnology model
- Bulding costum Tag Library

for the other things, expecially for the Standard Actions is better if you go trough the SPEC and other material (ex: setSecure/setMaxAge for cookie method outside of the book! or try to write and learn JSP with XML syntax)
Try to memorize all the implicit objects of everything....
The book make a perfect design of everything, but it's not a bible like the one for the SCJP, so use it to prepare the 50% of your exam!

Whizlab Mock Exam

It makes the difference, I use it only for the week before the exam, but is a reliable tool to check you real status!
The night before the exam i take the last test and i scored 68.97%

Java Ranch Link

You can find a lot of interesting things, if you got time got trough and read as much as you can, evry info is a brick on your wall of knowledge

Marcus Green

If you think you miss something on your preparation, just read the Marcus Green notes and they will show you the right way!
(EL was clear on his notes)

I think I am going to make the second attempt on January (because of christmas and holiday) and I am sure it will be the right time also for my mind

HINT

STUDY SUTDY STUDY STUDY API AND SPEC!
Write code will help you to memorize it!

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the ranch Marco. Thank you for sharing your experience with others And good luck for next time. Maybe you should try Enthuware's simulator to pump up your confidence.

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Tough luch Marco with the result. Anyways just prepare more on your weak topics and you'll surely pass on the next attempt...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for sharing your experience, Marco. I am sure next attempt you will hit the bull's eye.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic