• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

CX-310-252A how does this work, do i get a download page or ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
CX-310-252A when i order this on suns home page, do i then get a page where i can download the assignment to my email adresse or how do this works ?

CX-310-027 as i understand i can order in a sun promotion center here i denmark, but i have to do this latest after 12 months from payment of CX-310-252A the Part1 is this correct ?

And when i take the part 2 CX-310-027 i have the part one CX-310-252A with me on a USB Stick, and then i upload the assignment to sun, is this correct ?

And the last one, can i take some matrial with me to the part 2 ?

Frank

SCJP SCWCD

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Frank,

Is this the SCJD?

I just heard about that you will receive the assigment through e-mail message. I have talked to Sun Microsysystems
recently because I am going to prepared for do the SCJP 1.5 so she said to me that I will have from 10 to 12 months
for do the certification exam.

HTH.

take care!
André AS
São Paulo - Brazil

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Frank,

Maybe reading through the FAQ would answer some of your questions and maybe also some other questions you may have during the wonderful journey to become a SCJD

I will answer your questions quickly. The SCJD exam comes in 2 parts: the assignment and the essay exam. for the assignment (CX-310-252A) you pay the voucher and you will get an email with instructions where you can download your assignment. Once you downloaded your assignment you have a 12-month limit to complete the assignment. When you have finished your assignment, you have to request upload rights and then you can upload your assignment (at the same website where you downloaded it).
The essay exam (CX-310-027) is a written exam where you'll get 4 open questions (so no multiple choice like the scjp exam) about the assignment and the choices you have to make. The only purpose of this exam is to prove that you were the one that wrote your assignment (and not a friend or a relative who is really good in Java). So no material at all allowed when you take part 2 (because otherwise your friend or relative could write everything down and you just have to type out his notes)! If you have completed the assignment all by yourself you don't have to be afraid of this essay exam (it is really a no-brainer).
After you submitted your assignment AND took your essay exam the grading process starts. It takes 4-6 weeks before you know you passed (although some people had to wait a whole lot longer, for me it was just 4 weeks). This is maybe the most frustrating time of the complete certification process.
If you pass, you'll be a scjd. If you fail (nearly impossible with the great help of the JavaRanch community) you'll need to buy a resubmission voucher (CX-310-252R) and you'll get a (very) limited feedback about the reason(s) why you were failed. You solve these issues and you resubmit your assignment back (you don't need to take the essay exam again).

Good luck!
Kind regards,
Roel

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic