• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

problems upgrading domain from 10.1 to 10.3.2

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this and im a java noob, so please be complete in your replies.

Im trying to upgrade 2 weblogic domains on AIX (whitout GUI possibilities) from v10.1 to v 10.3.2. To accomplish this I did a full weblogic server install of 10.3.2 next to the 10.1 install.
I created the necessary xml files to silently upgrade the domains (weblogic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml)
I set the enviroment by using the setWLSEnv.sh script and started the upgrade from the domain directory I want to upgrade like the following:

java weblogic.Upgrade -mode silent -type domain -responses /home/beawl/weblogic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml -out /tmp/upgradeDomain.log

I get the following error:
2010-02-16 10:34:27,066 ERROR [invokeStaticMethod] com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.InvokeStaticMethodTask - Unable to invoke parse on class <com.bea.plateng.plugin.SilentResponseParser>
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.InvokeStaticMethodTask.execute(InvokeStaticMethodTask.java:304)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.AbstractSilentTask.run(AbstractSilentTask.java:28)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.bea.plateng.plugin.SilentResponseParser.parse(SilentResponseParser.java:62)
... 7 more
2010-02-16 10:34:27,071 ERROR [invokeStaticMethod] com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.InvokeStaticMethodTask - parameterValue 0 = </home/beawl/weblogic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml>

Then I tried to upgrade by using the upgrade.sh script in WL_HOME/common/bin

./upgrade.sh -mode=silent -type=domain -responses=/home/beawl/weblogic-upgrade-domain-responses.xml -out=/tmp/upgradeDomain.log

This gives me the following error :

Calling Wizard framework for upgrade: args2: [-mode=gui, -file=wcf/plugin_gui_wizard.xml, -log=/bea/user_projects/upgrade_logs/domain_02152010_175706_1, -p:plugin:plugin.executionPlan.file=weblogic/upgrade/domain/execplan.xml, -p:plugin:I18N_PLUGIN=weblogic/upgrade/i18n_upgrade, -p:plugin:TARGET_VERSION=10.3.2.0]
Unable to instantiate GUI, defaulting to console mode.

A fatal error has occurred. This application will terminate.

Even though I state -mode=silent, It still tries to open a GUI.

EDIT: After fiddling with the enviroment settings I get another error aftre using the java command to upgrade:

2010-02-16 13:35:24,709 ERROR [inputAdapter_silent] com.bea.plateng.wizard.WizardController - Uncaught Exception
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
at weblogic.upgrade.domain.directoryselection.SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.validateInputAdapter(SelectWebLogicVersionPlugIn.java:50)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.plugin.silent.tasks.InputAdapterSilentTask.execute(InputAdapterSilentTask.java:178)
at com.bea.plateng.wizard.silent.tasks.AbstractSilentTask.run(AbstractSilentTask.java:28)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

I have tried to find answers in fora and the oracle support site, but no such luck.
I'm really at a loss and I hope someone here will know how to continue.

Regards,

Michelle

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic