• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Deploye Enterprise application in Server

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i created a Enterprise application using Netbeans.
It is working.
1) I need to know how to Deployee my application in a jboss Server?
2) What should i use to Deployee, War or other file?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
An Enterprise application should be packaged in an EAR file (Enterprise ARchive). This is different from a Web application - which is packaged in a WAR file (Web ARchive).

Once you have the Ear file, you just copy it to the application server's deploy directory.

Note that if your enterprise application requires any resources that don't come with the application server by default, you will need to provide those. This includes among other things, database resource definitions, security configuration, etc.

There is a great book on the subject for JBoss, called JBoss in Action, by our very own Peter Johnson. It was a tremendous help to me in learning how to administer the JBoss application server, and configure it for the deployment of my applications.

If you're not sure how to package your application components into the Ear file, the Servlet Specification goes into all this detail, and is not as dry a read as you might expect a specification to be

Good luck.

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
And the first chapter for JBoss in Action is a free download and should give you all the information you need to know to deploy your WAR (the chapter steps you through creating and deploying a "hello world" WAR).

Think of how dumb the average person is. Mathematically, half of them are EVEN DUMBER. Smart tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic