• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Error with Gilead on GWT

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone. I'm a new user and I would like to tell you that this is a great forum (It helped me a lot in the past)
Well, right now I'm facing a new problem: I'm working on a GWT proyect with Hibernate and everything seems to work fine until I want to send the retrieved object (retrieved from the database) to the client's side. That's were I started to work with Gilead.
I found several tutorials and followed them but I keep getting this error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
I thought it was a problem related to missing jars on my Class path; I already imported all the jars on the Gilead folder (that was downloaded from the Gilead's official site) but the problem persists.

Here are several things that could be important:
a) Without Gilead, the project retrieves the objects properly, because I'm able to display them on console, but at the moment I want to send them to the client's side the program fails.
b) I'm using Eclipse Galileo, and GWT 2.0

Thank you very much for your help.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
slf4j is required by hibernate. I Don't know why they didn't include it. I had to download it and then add it to my lib folder for my app.

When you are using Gilead and displaying to the console. I would believe you are doing on the server side and not on the client side. One thing which I have done is instead of using Gilead or any other framework. I created DTO objects which mimick the Hibernate POJO objects, you copy the values from your POJO object to DTO Object which will in turn gets serialized on the client side. Hibernate Pojo objects are not serializable. I hope that helps.

Thanks

- Harjit

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic