• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

ExamLab and scjptest.com

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the scjptest.com tests and how it compares with the actual SCJP exam?

I am consistently scoring a pass mark on the scjptest.com website, but I am struggling with the ExamLab tests.

Edit: I'm basically asking if scjptest.com is a good indicator of what I can expect in the actual test. Thanks.

Regards,
Abid

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Abid,

I did SCJP6 this December. I've used ExamLab for practice... and struggled a lot with it...
Questions in it are really very tough as compared to the actual exam... (at least till that date the situation was like that... )

The ExamLab itself says that if you score 60% in it then you can easily look for 90% in the real exam... so don't be discouraged on getting low scores in it.

as for scjptest.com... i just came to know about it from you... thanks... :)

I just checked it .... It's using the old pattern of the exam (I think so... ) with 72 question....
In SCJP 6.0 there are 60 questions only with 58.33% passing marks and a duration of 180 minutes...

all the best for your preparations.... :)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
scjptest.com is a good one for practice.

How are you scoring on the master exam of K&B. Well Exam Lab, haven't tried myself but i have heard it's hard but keep
practicing and you will score well.

Best Regards,

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Abid,
Welcome to JavaRanch.

Regarding this discussion, what all I can say is, please use ExamLab as a learning tool instead of using it as a testing tool.

Good luck on your preparation,

Devaka Cooray,
Author of ExamLab

Abid Khal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the replies.

Anupam,
Thanks for the encouragement and reply. Also, thanks for clearing the up the number of marks/pass rate.
In the exam when asked to select a number of answers are you given hints as to how many answers to select?
Also, have you tried the scjptest.com mock, if so how did you think it compares with the actual exam?

Prithvi,
In the scjptest.com site I am achieving a score of >70%. I carried out MasterExam test yesterday and achieved a score of 45% and my ExamLab scores are around 40%. I know I am losing some minor marks on the API related questions, but I feel some question answers terminology is not so easy to understand.

Devaka,
Thanks for providing such a great tool, the questions are ridiculously hard, but useful for learning. I'll take your advice and use it as a learning tool.

I think I need to look at the API, as I am losing easy marks. I am generally fine with radio box questions, but struggle with questions which require multiple answers.

Anupam Jain
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Abid Khal wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Anupam,
Thanks for the encouragement and reply. Also, thanks for clearing the up the number of marks/pass rate.
In the exam when asked to select a number of answers are you given hints as to how many answers to select?
Also, have you tried the scjptest.com mock, if so how did you think it compares with the actual exam?

yeah, you will be provided with the exact number of correct answers you'll have to select in the exam.
I haven't tried scjptest.com mock myself.

Devaka said it very correctly to use exam lab as a learning tool instead of a testing tool.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic