• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Web Service can't read my SOAP

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
My WebService (developed using metro and wsdl-first) CAN read this:

but CANNOT read this:

So if add the ns2 namespace, it's working. Why doesn't it work without it ? Is the second SOAP wrong ?
The second SOAP is created with delphi, so it should be correct. I have no problem getting something from the WS.

Please help,
Alex.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
This is a tricky one and I am not sure that what I say is correct, but I have a feeling that there is indeed a difference between the two SOAP messages as follows:
  • In the first SOAP message, with the ns2 namespace prefix, the <uploadText> element obviously belongs to the ns2 namespace, while the <text> element does not!
  • In the second SOAP message, where the namespace soapwebservices.jdevelop.eu is the default namespace, both the <uploadText> element as well as the <text> element belongs to the namespace soapwebservices.jdevelop.eu.

• Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_namespaces.asp
    Best wishes!

Alex Parvan
    Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies

Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!
    This is a tricky one and I am not sure that what I say is correct, but I have a feeling that there is indeed a difference between the two SOAP messages as follows:

• In the first SOAP message, with the ns2 namespace prefix, the <uploadText> element obviously belongs to the ns2 namespace, while the <text> element does not!
  • In the second SOAP message, where the namespace soapwebservices.jdevelop.eu is the default namespace, both the <uploadText> element as well as the <text> element belongs to the namespace soapwebservices.jdevelop.eu.

• Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_namespaces.asp
    Best wishes!

Hmm, actually, that does make sense. Because if i call an operation without a parameter like getTime(), the WS can read my SOAP, because getTime has correct xmlns and there is nothing inside it.

As soon as i can confirm this, or maybe find something else, i will post a reply here.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic