• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Twitter @anywhere

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Has anyone been watching the Twitter Chirp Developer Conference?

They are releasing a JavaScript-based feature called @anywhere which enables you to add Twitter functionality directly into your web sites. At the minute this includes basic functionality such as sign-in, following and tweeting but will be added to in the future.

What are people's thoughts on this advancement?

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's interesting. My biggest concern with integrating with Twitter right now is how they are treating 3rd party developers as of late. I'm just not inclined to include Twitter unless absolutely necessary, until things get sorted out.

Mark Hawker
Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Gregg Bolinger wrote:My biggest concern with integrating with Twitter right now is how they are treating 3rd party developers as of late. I'm just not inclined to include Twitter unless absolutely necessary, until things get sorted out.

I think you're right there, Gregg. A lot has been discussed in the Twitter's developer forums since the acquisition of Tweetie. Each of the platforms does have the potential to pull the rugs from the feet of developers at any time. Facebook has continually been retracting its functionalities for some time to streamline its services to its users. What you do get with Twitter is a popular (at the moment) service which is looking to expand but to what expense to its developers?

and POOF! You're gone! But look, this tiny ad is still here:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic