• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Tooltip issue (Struts, Ajax, YUI/Yahoo User Interface, Javascript)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi.

I have a company events calendar. The calendar itself is created via the YUI calendar module. When a shaded date is clicked on, it launches a new window with the events for the day in it, then an event can be selected to get the details in the same window (retrieved via plain old Struts logic). All that works well.

I'm now trying to add in the YUI tooltip module, and attach a tooltip to each shaded date. The tooltip would contain a very short summary of the events for the day (retrieved via Struts/Ajax). And I have it mostly working. The last remaining issue it has is that it for some reason does not display the first time the date is hovered over. (Causing the user to have to hover over oh, July 4th twice to find out that it's shaded due to the US Holiday.)

I don't know if this is a good place to ask, but given that I've asked over at the YUI forums and got no response, I thought I'd put something up here to see if anyone here had an idea as to why it isn't working correctly. I've both tried to slow down the display of the tooltip, and tried to speed up the AJAX, but neither seemed to work.

My code is below.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
-TerriLyn

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic