• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem in exporting jasper report to Exel

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
first of all sorry i did not found the appropriate forum to post the problem related to jasper report.

I have the code to export jasper report to the PDF and is working in the project but now client requierment is for excel sheet. I tried but not succeeded for exporting jasper report to excel sheet.

i am getting exception :============= am giving tomcat log

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: The cell cannot be added
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsExporter.exportImage(JRXlsExporter.java:1091)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportPage(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:557)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReportToStream(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:434)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReport(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:197)
at org.maniks.slite.common.business.ReportHelper.toExcel(ReportHelper.java:64)
at org.maniks.slite.documentation.windows.ReportWindow.callBlDraftReport(ReportWindow.java:271)
at org.maniks.slite.documentation.windows.ReportWindow.onLoad(ReportWindow.java:81)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
at org.zkoss.zk.scripting.bsh.BSHInterpreter.exec(BSHInterpreter.java:100)
at org.zkoss.zk.scripting.util.GenericInterpreter.interpret(GenericInterpreter.java:292)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.PageImpl.interpret(PageImpl.java:766)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process0(EventProcessor.java:178)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process(EventProcessor.java:143)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.process0(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:488)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.run(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:422)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet.addMergedRegion(Lorg/apache/poi/hssf/util/Region;)I
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsExporter.createMergeRegion(JRXlsExporter.java:558)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsExporter.exportImage(JRXlsExporter.java:1072)
... 25 more

and please have look at my code....and make me correct

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE Spring VI Editor Chrome Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Your Apache POI library is either not recent enough or too recent. The Jasper library tries to call a method that either has been added in a later version or has been dropped (the former is more likely). Try switching to a different version, preferably the latest.

Edit: I checked HSSFSheet, and the method (int addMergedRegion(Region)) should still exist but is has been deprecated for almost two years already. You may even need to upgrade your Jasper library.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have tried different version of POI. I was using poi-3.7-20101029.jar
when I used poi-3.5-FINAL-20090928.jar the exception gone but having new exception as
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet.setRightToLeft(Z)V
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsExporter.createSheet(JRXlsExporter.java:290)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReportToStream(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:584)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReport(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:320)
at exportToExel.MainClass.main(MainClass.java:50)

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the Ranch.

The error message is saying there is no method in HSSFSheet called setRightToLeft(Z) so it looks like the versions you are using of Jasper and POI are not compatible.
I suggest you check the documentation for your version of Jasper and see what version of POI it will work with.

What's that smell? I think this tiny ad may have stepped in something.
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic