• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Error during Migrating from Jboss4.0.5.GA to Jboss5.0.0.GA

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am trying to migrate Jboss4.0.5.Ga to Jboss5.0.0.GA
i have installed jboss5 and jdk 6. set the environment variables. Now, i am trying to deploy my application in
D:\Linda\jboss\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\<my application-Rapid>\....all the files and jar files in that.

After deploying, when i start Jboss, it is started with errors. But, same application is working fine with jboss4.0.5.GA.

Error as follows:

Can anyone please explain me what is wrong, an where i am doing mistake?

I have one more doubt that, in Jboss 5,
we have 2 folders, deploy and deployers.
So, in which one i need to deploy my application? and what is the difference between these two?

Any one pleaes help.

Regards,

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Any one please help me.
Regards,
AnuSatya

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Before we start looking into the issue, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest 5.1.0 version of JBoss AS. The current version you are using (5.0.0) has some major bugs which were fixed in the later versions. If it still fails on 5.1.0, then please post the new stacktrace and a bit of details about your application.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Pai,
Thank you for your response.

According to your suggession, i have installed Jboss-5.1.0.GA at D drive. Trying to deploy my project at following directory :
D:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\<my application-Rapid>

My First question is:

Second question is:
I am getting following errors after deploying my application folder in 'deploy' directory and restarting the server. This is the copy of log file. Please let me know where i am going wrong.

Please help me

Regards,

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Anu satya wrote:
My First question is:

"deploy" is the folder where you should place your applications. The "deployers" folder is meant for JBoss AS (internal) deployers.

Anu satya wrote:
Second question is:
I am getting following errors after deploying my application folder in 'deploy' directory and restarting the server. This is the copy of log file. Please let me know where i am going wrong.

Looks like some application is already using the 4445 port. As a simple way to get around this problem, you'll have to find which application is using that port and stop that application. The following command might help in identifying the application:

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you Pai,
As you said, i did netstat -ab in command prompt. But none of the application is using 4445 port. though server is started with errors, i could open the Jboss index page using "http://localhost:8080/" ... so, shall i consider, port issue is minor and ignore it or do i need to solve that issue?

One more error what i am getting is as follows:

not able to understand where i am going wrong. Pleas guide me.

Regards,
Anu

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Any one please help me.

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Anu satya wrote:
As you said, i did netstat -ab in command prompt. But none of the application is using 4445 port. so, shall i consider, port issue is minor and ignore it or do i need to solve that issue?

The port issue is not minor. But if you no longer see the port in use errors, then there's no need to worry.

Anu satya wrote:
though server is started with errors, i could open the Jboss index page using "http://localhost:8080/" ...

One more error what i am getting is as follows:

What is the GetInventory-1.5.jar? Does it contain a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file? What are it's contents (especially the classpath element)?

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jai,
Thank you for your mail. I was waiting for your reply.

GetInventory.jar contains following 3 files(beanRefFactory.xml, Meta_INF and com.......) in it. Formated folders reflect the directory structure.

Please let me know where am i going wrong?

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Like I said in my previous reply:

Jaikiran Pai wrote: Does it contain a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file? What are it's contents (especially the classpath element)?

Please post the contents of MANIFEST.MF file.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jai,
I was very happy to see your reply. MANIFEST.MF contents are as follows:

Please help me

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hmm, the classpath entry error in the log doesn't match with what is in the MANIFEST.MF. By the way, I just noticed this in one of your previous posts:

vfszip:/D:/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/Rapid/Dependencies/GetInventory.jar/

How exactly are you packaging your application? Is "Rapid" just another folder? Looking at your application, I guess you should be deploying your application as a .ear file. And once you do that, you will no longer need the MANIFEST.MF classpath entries, since you can place the relevant jars in the .ear/lib folder, so that they are available in the classpath.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jai,
Thank you for your reply. Thanks a lot.

As you guessed it, Yes, Rapid is just another folder in which both GetItem and GetInventory folders exists. Both folders have got separate MANIFEST.MF file (in .jar file)

And for your second question, Yes, we are deploying our application as .ear file. So, what is your suggestion? what should i do?
Please guide me.

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Anu satya wrote:
As you guessed it, Yes, Rapid is just another folder in which both GetItem and GetInventory folders exists. Both folders have got separate MANIFEST.MF file (in .jar file)

That won't work. Applications need to be packaged properly. Why do you have to folders?

Anu satya wrote:
And for your second question, Yes, we are deploying our application as .ear file.

Where is the .ear? What does it contain? If those jars, that you have placed in the folders, are required by the application, then you should be packaging them in the .ear file.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jai,
Thank you for your mail.
For your question, packaging is done properly. Because, my project is implemented & running successfully from 1 year.
Now, i am working on enhancement.
So, I am pretty sure that packaging and jar files are at right place.(in jboss-4.0.5). So, i have taken my project folder deployed in jboss-4.0.5 and copied it in jboss-5.1.0.GA deploy folder.

At that time i gettting DeploymentException as described in my earlier post:
Please note, for all the .jar files in my project, i am getting same error.

Is there any way i can solve this?

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I have downloaded Jboss5 source code and trying to debug for the error:

by putting breakpoint at VFSStructureBuilder.applyContextInfo() method. But, i am not finding VFSStructureBuilder.java class in the source code.
Where can i find VFSStructureBuilder.java ?

Any one please help me.

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Anu satya wrote:
For your question, packaging is done properly. Because, my project is implemented & running successfully from 1 year.

It's not just a matter of whether the application has been running successfully on some other server. Without knowing anything about your deployment packages, it's really hard to tell what's wrong.

Anu satya wrote:
Now, i am working on enhancement.
So, I am pretty sure that packaging and jar files are at right place.(in jboss-4.0.5). So, i have taken my project folder deployed in jboss-4.0.5 and copied it in jboss-5.1.0.GA deploy folder.

As I mentioned in my previous replies, using folders, instead of actual deployments (either archived or exploded) isn't going to work. For example:

Anu satya wrote: Yes, Rapid is just another folder in which both GetItem and GetInventory folders exists. Both folders have got separate MANIFEST.MF file (in .jar file)

1. Rapid
2. GetItem
3. GetInventory

Why do you want separate folders? What do they represent? Why don't you create a .ear file and deploy it to the "deploy" folder of the server?

Anu satya wrote:
Please note, for all the .jar files in my project, i am getting same error.

It's really difficult to guess what's wrong, unless we know exactly how you are packaging/deployment details.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jai,
My deployment package as follows:

This is the place where i have my application :
D:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\Rapid.

within Rapid, 3 direcotries and one .ear file are there:
1)Dependencies-> all the .jar files of the application
2)libs -> lib files
3)confifuration -> configuration files for hibernate etc..

Apart from above folders, 1 file is there:
Rapid.ear file

Hope it is clear and i am proceeding in the right way.

Anu satya
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jaikiran Pai wrote:
Where is the .ear? What does it contain? If those jars, that you have placed in the folders, are required by the application, then you should be packaging them in the .ear file.

Jai it is in an exploded format. In Side of deploy we have the exploded folder Rapid then in that we have other 3 directories and in one we are putting all the jar files which is nothing but represents different services. Each jar file contains it's own manifest.mf file and i guess the entries are fine. The same architecture is working for 4.0.5 jboss GA and i am not understanding why it is giving such an error for the later versions. I tried both 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 GA versions.

Is there anything which i missed to specify ?

Thanks
Anu

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
@Anu satya

The deployed application folder should be: "Rapid.war"

so, the full path of the application exploded folder will be: D:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\Rapid.war

[remember, the above path is of a folder]
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic