• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XQuery?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have been reading some stuff on XQuery. I understand the syntax ,...etc etc
But if I wanted to run a file with xquery syntax in a browser what would I have to have for my file extension?

Example I want to run the below code which has xquery syntax in it.
I have the books.xml file as well I just don't know how to link the 2 together and what the file extension should be so the browser displays the results/interrperts it.

I know how to do xslt using xml and xsl files linked together to display xhtml just don't know how to incorporate xquery as well into the group?

Also what is the file extension given if you want to create your own xquery function file and how do you import it into your xquery stuff?

Thanks
I know this is probably simple question for advanced xquery users.
So when somebody gets the chance please let me know how you do the above things.

Sam Doder
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am still wondering what file extension should I name it.
If I am using xquery. I know if I am using pure xsl I can include it in my xml and it produces html pages.
But if I instead want to use xquery instead of the usual xsl file ...etc then what file extension would I give it and how would I included it?

Also is their away to just make an xquery function library if so how do you include it to be used with your xml files,.....ie what extension ,...etc

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic