• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed SCDJWS 5 with 71%

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

I just sat for the SCDJWS 5 exam and passed it with 71% (46/65). I was actually surprised that the passing score was only 42%, even though its listed as 68% on the Oracle website, and 69 questions too for that matter.

I scored pretty badly in sections involving JAXR and UDDI but made up for it in other sections. Overall, I'd say that Mikalai's guide and quiz, along with Krizsan's guide helped out a lot. I believe that I lost quite a few marks due to API semantics (e.g. method names, class names) so for future exam-takers, do take some time to memorize the various API method names, especially for SAAJ.

BTW, I noticed that my examination report no longer has the Sun logo and it is now known as the "Java Enterprise Edition 5 Web Services Developer Certified Professional" exam. Also, all certifications has been changed to - Oracle Certified Professional, (insert exam name here) as well. E.g. Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services VS Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer.

When I update my CV, which name should I use?

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations buddy, and thanks for your tips ;) I also admit that UDDI & JXR are two most complicated topics in exam.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

joey cole wrote:Hi guys,

I just sat for the SCDJWS 5 exam and passed it with 71% (46/65).

Hi Joey !

Congratulations !!!

I'm glad to know my quiz and guide helped.

As for the name of certification on CV, I would use what is printed on the certificate (it's your official document), and you can add also something like "(former SCDJWS 5)".

Best regards,
MZ

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats!

Be reasonable. You can't destroy everything. Where would you sit? How would you read a tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic