• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is Sierra and Bates Book Enough and up-to-date for OCJP?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello everyone,

I did search quite a bit in the forum before posting and my feeling is that the answer to my question is yes, but I want to be sure.

So, I want to take the 310-065 exam for becoming OCJP and was thinking to buy Sierra's and Bates' book "Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide", mostly because I love the way they write (judging from the HF series).

So the question is, did the contents/objectives of the exam have changed since the release of this book (2008)? Is this book enough on its own to successfully prepare me for the 310-065 exam?

My best regards,
Nik.

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes the objectives have changed since the book was published. But no topic was added, only topics like serialization, wait-notify were removed. So the book is more than enough to study all the objectives of the exam...

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Oracle Spring Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Nik Maradina wrote:was thinking to buy Sierra's and Bates' book "Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Study Guide"

Is the book says its for SCJP 6 then it will be according to the exam objectives. The exam objectives remain the same- Only the name has changed to OCPJP. And as Ankit has already mentioned you can go in for that book.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic