• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Java web application frameworks. Need your help to choose.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Java Gurus,

How are you? Today I need some suggestion from you. Can you please help?

I need to do a project, with a java framework which will using Oracle DB as back-end. Perhaps, the project has large volume and the project should be web based. CRUD should be a factor and another factor is learning curve.

Now, I need to choose a java framework, which has short learning curve, can be very developers friendly for large project(s), have good oracle support and CURD operation should be faster. I need your suggestion.

Another thing, I need a document for java framework comparisons. I think, you may have some documentation on this. If you have some, can you please send the doc?

have a nice day everyone.

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
use JSF/Struts these are good framework for web applications.

Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you, Sachin, for your help. Can anyone discuss more about the topic? Can you told some logics also that, why i should use that framework. It would be a great help for me.

Thanks

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There is no good answer to this question, certainly not one that reads "framework XYZ is good". That kind of answer is always based on the knowledge and circumstances of the person writing it, which may or may not have any relevance to the person asking the question.

A better answer is: try a few frameworks, see which ones you like, consider who will be maintaining the code, consider who much support you will want to be able to get elsewhere (like in support forums or commercially), consider what level of bleeding edge the organization for which this app is written is comfortable with, then make a decision.

By the way: that the DB is Oracle, or what kind of DB operations the application performs, almost certainly is irrelevant to any decision about a web framework (which lives in a separate architectural layer).

He loves you so much! And I'm baking the cake! I'm going to put this tiny ad in the cake:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic