• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

A complex setup

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All

We have a few applications which are connected to Oracle Identity Manager for the SSO purpose. Users are given certificate and then a user name and password to log in into any one of the application. Currently we are setting up a dashboard kind of web application for knowing the status of one of the application which participates in the SSO

The following are expected in the dashboard
a. Check whether the home page is available or not.
b. Check whether the user is able to sign in using both his certificate and username/password.
c. Check whether the application is able to fetch data from database thereby checking the status of database server
d. Check whether the application is able to fetch a document( which is a major functionality) thereby checking the status of another server.

I am able to implement the point a using HttpURLConnection class where by i am able to get the log in page as the response ..with lot of html tags..
How do i implement the second point (point b)?

I do have a certificate which i got from the admin, where by i use the certificate to log in into the web application using a browser.
Now i need to simulate the same thing using java.

Also the Oracle Identity Manager runs in a server, the application runs in another server. When i hit an URL which is of the applications' it asks for username/password validated by the Oracle Identity Manager, and then redirected by the OIM to the application once again where by i can work on the application.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic