• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

a centralized application to control all websphere consoles

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

My colleague wants to build up a central application that would control all the applications that reside on websphere servers on various remote machines. So the idea is to use the ip of the remote machine, get the node name and the cell number of the particular application, and give the user the ability to start and stop that server (which is what my colleague has to do everyday- deploy/patch the code to a particular application, then bounce that server). Now, she has already started to work on the UI part, and i am supposed to work on the back-end, ie interface with the websphere admin which i have no idea yet how to. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
2shar

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm sure IBM already has a product which does that. Why not ask them, instead of spending several months writing your own?

tushar bhasme
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's a member initiative. I was just going through the websphere site, and they are saying that we CAN control the websphere administration through our own java code. If IBM already has such a product, am not sure thats gonna be free. I am also sure its not gonna take 'months' to do that.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What version of WebSphere are you using? Starting with WebSphere 7.0 you can create a profile, which manages all kinds of servers.

You can create specific profile types of Administrative Agents, Job Managers etc. These profiles allow you to administer (incl stop/start) base servers, node agents, managed servers etc

tushar bhasme
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
we are currently using 6.1
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic