Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

using history.go(-1) on servlet page

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi,

please tell me how can i use "history.go(-1)" on servlet..

or
how can i come back to the same jsp from which request was sent to the servlet. i do also want to retain the all html element control value as it was.
i have to use history.go() only.

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Is this the same question as this one ?

There are two ways to get that done: One is using JavaScript functions as you proposed. The other way is dispatching the request to the initiating jsp, and filling 'value' attributes. The instructions for that is mentioned in the above mentioned topic.

Abhishekshri Shrivastava
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
yes the ultimate aim of both the questions is same to the retain all old value on jsp.
now i am bit able to do the thing in following way:
as i am not permitted to add anything on old jsp. so i am using an intermidiate jsp. i will forward request to intermediate jsp and will have a page onload event (java script function) to do
window.history.go(-1);
it's working fine.
only hting i need to check wheather can i show any new message using a session variable on old jsp.
i am going through it.

Devaka Cooray
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Abhishekshri Shrivastava wrote:yes the ultimate aim of both the questions is same....

I'm locking this one - let's continue the discussion in your other topic. If you find any issue with your JavaScript approach, please start a specific topic on Html/JavaScripts forum.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic